The National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association today announced its schedule for the 2019 season, which will begin on Sat., Feb. 2 in Elkins, W.Va. with a tri-meet.
The NCATA will open the 2019 season with 22 members competing in 67 meets across the country. Five first-year programs will begin competing this season, including Arizona Christian (Feb. 5 vs. Azusa Pacific), Belmont Abbey (Feb. 9 at Converse), East Texas Baptist (Feb. 9 vs. Baylor), Limestone (Feb. 9 at West Virginia Wesleyan) and Urbana (Feb. 9 at Glenville State).
In addition, the first conference will crown an acrobatics & tumbling champion at the end of the 2019 season, as members of the Mountain East Conference begin vying for a championship in 2019. The first MEC meets of the season will take place on Saturday, Feb. 9 with Fairmont State at West Liberty and Urbana at Glenville State.
Other Notable Matchups
- Feb. 2 – Davis & Elkins College will host the first meet of the season when Georgetown College and West Virginia Wesleyan travel to Elkins for one of four tri-meets during the 2019 season.
- Feb. 3 – Head coach Felicia Mulkey and the Baylor Bears will begin their quest for a fifth-straight national championship by opening the season with a dual meet at West Liberty University. The Hilltoppers begin their second season in the NCATA under head coach Treasure Fields.
- Feb. 8 – Hawaii Pacific and Oregon will meet in the first competition of 2019 featuring a pair of teams from the 2018 NCATA National Tournament. HPU was the No. 7 seed during last season's tournament in Erie, while Oregon was the No. 4 seed.
- Feb. 17 – The University of Oregon will travel to Quinnipiac for a matchup that features programs that competed for a national title in each of the last two years. Oregon was a national finalist against Baylor in 2017, while Quinnipiac made its first national championship meet appearance against the Bears this past spring in Erie.
- Feb. 24 – Quinnipiac will travel to Waco to meet four-time NCATA National Champion Baylor University in a rematch of the 2018 NCATA National Championship competition on Feb. 24.
- March 3 – The first of two meetings between national powers Baylor and Oregon will take place on Sunday, March 3 at Matthew Night Arena in Eugene. This is a rematch of one of the NCATA Semifinals back in April. Baylor topped Oregon to earn a trip to the 2018 NCATA national finals.
- March 12 & 15 – Hawaii Pacific will host a pair of 2018 NCATA Tournament qualifiers in the same week as defending national champion Baylor visits Hawaii on Tuesday, March 12, followed by a visit from Fairmont State on Friday, March 15.
- March 12 – Oregon and Azusa Pacific, a pair of 2018 NCATA semifinalists, will meet in Azusa, Calif. on March 12.
- March 26 – Converse will travel to Waco on Tuesday, March 26 to compete against Baylor in a rematch of last spring's opening round matchup in Erie. Converse earned a berth to the NCATA Tournament in its first season of competition in 2018.
- March 26 – In addition to Converse and Baylor, Hawaii Pacific will also travel Azusa Pacific in another rematch of an NCATA first round matchup from 2018. APU edged Hawaii Pacific in Erie to advance to the semifinal round.
- March 30 – Azusa Pacific will travel to Oregon for a late-season showdown that could have plenty of postseason implications. Meanwhile, 2018 national finalist Quinnipiac will also be on the road at Gannon in another key last season matchup on March 30.
- April 7 – Oregon and Baylor will wrap up the final weekend of the 2019 season with the second meet of the year between the programs, this time in Waco.
To view the complete schedule, CLICK HERE